“Finding Forrester” was a film that represented what it was to be an outsider. To feel removed from those around you, whether by choice or because people refused to accept you for whom you are.
For the critical thinking piece, I selected my Timed Write from Intermission 1. Analyzing a movie rather than just watching for pure entertainment certainly made me more critical of what was happening and why it happened. Being able to recognize the underlying tone of the movie and the hidden message(s) that’s conveyed makes the film into something so much more than just a script with actors reading the lines.
I selected this piece as I felt I had a good grasp of the movie, the emotions that the characters were feeling and why there were feeling that way. This is demonstrated by my statement about William Forrester, “He was tired of people trying to figure out who he "really" was and what messages were really being conveyed by his writing when all of the theories were incorrect”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a nice smooth intro. It moves the reader a long well. Great job!
Tiff
Very nice introduction. I really like how you stated how "Being able to recognize the underlying tone of the movie and the hidden message(s) that’s conveyed makes the film into something so much more than just a script with actors reading the lines." That is so true. Great Work!
ReplyDeleteSeana