Tuesday, December 1, 2009

In the Big Purple Purse

When considering this assignment, I found myself laughing out loud to myself while sitting in an empty room and chuckling several times thereafter throughout the day. Thinking about how I might be identified by the contents of my wallet and purse was certainly an exercise in personal reflection and brought to the forefront of my mind just how much I need to clean out my big purple purse.

Perusing through the articles found in the "magical purple bag" one would see a couple pairs of little girls panties (my two year old is potty training and we do not leave the house without clean panties), a pair of clean shorts (for the same two year old should we have an "accident"), a fabulous purple wallet to match the purple purse and an insane amount of papers. All these papers definitely mean something to me in some regard; however, to a perfect stranger, other than possibly some identifying information such as name and address, these articles would mean nothing. In addition to these items, you would also find several different kinds of lip gloss/chapstick because I just can't seem to find the right one.

My wallet is very simplified and only contains my driver's license, my debit card, my Costco membership card, my checkbook and check register and a few spare pennies that have been picked up out of the couch cushions. One could figure out solely from the contents of my wallet, my name, date of birth, height, weight and what I look like. If someone should feel so inclinded to go through my check register they would determine that Target is my favorite store and that Costco is a close second.

What thoughts might someone have about me when going through my purse and wallet? I truly believe the only answer to that is that I'm a mom, who has a tough time throwing papers away and could use a mini-shredder, and that I certainly can not make up my mind when it comes to lip care products. What they would be missing is the fact that I love to laugh, I live each day to see smiles on my daughters' faces and that I believe I was put on this earth to make a difference. I have amazing friends and family that get me through each and every day with my head held high and give me the strength to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I stated before, this is my favorite blog post! You showed so much character and personality. I was laughing out loud! Purple minds think alike!
    Seana

    ReplyDelete